Other Products

By-products of the lumber manufacturing process are also sold by Wagner Lumber.  These include:

  • Shredded Bark (Mulch)
  • Wood Chips
  • Sawdust

 

By volume or weight measurement, by-products account for about 40% of the average sawlog. The other 60% is lumber.

 

dust

In our Owego, NY sawmill the by-products produced could be summarized as follows:

  • 30 tractor trailer loads of sawlogs are put into the sawmill, resulting in production of:
  • 18 tractor trailer loads of sawn lumber
  • 3 tractor trailer loads of shredded bark
  • 6 tractor trailer loads of wood chips
  • 3 tractor trailer loads of sawdust

 

Our other sawmills produce sawdust, bark and chiips as well.

 

Details:

 

BARK

Sold primarily to landscape contractors, some locally, but much of it moving south toward suburban New York City and Philadelphia areas.

 

CHIPS

Traditionally sold to regional MDF (medium density fiberboard) manufacturers, pulp and paper manufacturing operations, and particle board producers.

Increasing demand recently coming from industrial factories converting to wood fired boilers from fossil fuel burning heating systems.

SAWDUST

Common uses for Sawdust include:BARK IMG 3674 low

  1. Bedding for dairy cows and horses.
  2. Composting agent for municipal sewage treatment plants.
  3. Fuel for wood fired boilers.
  4. Raw material for wood pellet manufacturers.

 

The Wagner Companies sawmills together produce the following quantities of by-products for sale on a daily basis:

  • 5 trailer loads of bark - 480 cubic yards/144 tons
  • 10 trailer loads of chips - 960 cubic yards/288 tons
  • 5 trailer loads of sawdust - 480 cubic yards/144 tons
     

For more information contact us directly at 607-687-5362 or email us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

SAWDUST IMG 3675 low

 

 

Saw Mill Locations

Wagner Millwork, LLC.

owego4060 Gaskill Road

Owego, NY 13827

607-687-5362


Wagner Hardwoods

cayuta6307 State Route 224

Cayuta, NY 14824

607-594-3321


Wagner - Nineveh

nineva224 County RD 26

Nineveh, NY 13813

607-693-2690


Greene Lumber Co

greene16991 New York 23

Davenport, NY 13750

607-278-6101


Baillie - Smyrna - (Partner Mill)

smyrna-thumb6 School Street

Smyrna, NY 13464

607-627-6547


Baillie - Boonville - (Partner Mill)

boonville-thumb189 West St

Boonville, NY 13309

315-942-5284


Potter Lumber Co. - (Partner Mill)

potter3786 Potter Rd

Allegany, NY 14706

716-373-1260